Life On and Off an Acreage

In-sights into moving from an Acreage back to Town, plus a few things I find of interest.

Two things that horses are scared about:


1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move




Old enough to be eccentric, but not rich enough

August 17, 2018

I Am So Done with Apples!

My three young apple trees  produced very well this year, and I am worn out baking! I have 7 of these pies in the freezer. One got sacrificed to see if it was edible.

 I have also finished up with 8 apple crumbles and they are in the process of going into the Hotel Frigidaire. Well 7 are anyway. One got intercepted for testing purposes. It also passed. In the background are 5 jars of preserved applesauce. Yes, I have been busy!

More Crumbles!


 This little apparatus made all the peeling and coring easy! Thank you, Lee Valley!

I guess the work is done for another year! Oh, wait, there are still two bags of cherries to either make pies, or muffins with, if I can figure out how to get the pits out. Life is not the pits, but cherries may be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope that you enjoy the visit, and please feel free to comment. I appreciate all comments unless they are derogatory, racist or in bad taste.