Life On and Off an Acreage

In-sights into moving from an Acreage back to Town, plus a few things I find of interest.

Two things that horses are scared about:


1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move




Old enough to be eccentric, but not rich enough

March 29, 2017

Now it Feels Like Spring!


We have all sorts of geese and things showing up now that the weather is warm. There were several hundred on the Athabasca River today.

 
 The fields along the river were also full

 
 

They were having a good feed until I showed up.

 
Even a squirrel showed up and let me know he was not happy with my presence. (Or maybe it was Daphne that he was upset with)





This is our equivalent of an iceberg flowing down the river.







A few ducks showed up. I don't know if they had migrated or overwintered in the open water.
 
Geese, geese everywhere





It was a nice balmy day at +12C or 54F for those that are not bilingual.








Had to throw in this Redpoll. He kept following me.

1 comment:

  1. Nothing like spring to renew the spirit. Great photos! Enjoy the warm up!

    ReplyDelete

I hope that you enjoy the visit, and please feel free to comment. I appreciate all comments unless they are derogatory, racist or in bad taste.