Life On and Off an Acreage

In-sights into moving from an Acreage back to Town, plus a few things I find of interest.

Two things that horses are scared about:


1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move




Old enough to be eccentric, but not rich enough

October 21, 2016

Rough- Legged Hawk

With some help from my son, we identified the hawk from yesterday's post as a Rough-Legged Hawk. They do not nest in Alberta, but migrate through in October from the high Arctic.



With that tracked down, I went back today and got a few to co-operate with the camera.

 They depend on the Lemming population in the Arctic.




I saw several today hovering and then diving at the ground, but couldn't get pictures.


They are a very pretty bird, and quite tame compared to the Red Tailed Hawks.



I managed to take about 100 photos and I may go back tomorrow.



1 comment:

  1. You got some really great shots, Ian! They really must be more tame than red tails...the ones that we see here wouldn't be nearly so cooperative!

    ReplyDelete

I hope that you enjoy the visit, and please feel free to comment. I appreciate all comments unless they are derogatory, racist or in bad taste.