Life On and Off an Acreage

In-sights into moving from an Acreage back to Town, plus a few things I find of interest.

Two things that horses are scared about:


1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move




Old enough to be eccentric, but not rich enough

July 26, 2016

A couple of Firsts

It was a nice, sunny, non windy day and I loaded up the canoe to do a little fishing at Carson-Pegasus Provincial Park. The fishing was slow(got one rainbow trout), but the photography opportunities were great


This was a first for me in Alberta.A Tundra Swan co-operated with my canoe approach and I got a bunch of good photos.




Also a first was this Pelican that was swimming along minding its own business.


Not a first, but nice to see up close., the Common loon in profile.



 
It was so hot, 28C and humid that i had to get off the lake by noon. I felt like the sun was melting me!


6 comments:

  1. Great bird sightings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos, love the action shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty!! You do take great pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed you got great shots - even if the fishing sucked! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are some great shots. I love the Loon with the reflection.

    ReplyDelete

I hope that you enjoy the visit, and please feel free to comment. I appreciate all comments unless they are derogatory, racist or in bad taste.