Life On and Off an Acreage

In-sights into moving from an Acreage back to Town, plus a few things I find of interest.

Two things that horses are scared about:


1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move




Old enough to be eccentric, but not rich enough

July 2, 2014

The Long Weekend

Today was a very hot day for us at 30C, sunny and humid. I was hankering for a walk in the woods so I grabbed the camera and bear spray and decided to go look for bruin and cub(s)

 My old hunting area showed no bear sign even after walking about a mile down the oil field access road and pipeline right of way.
 There were lots of Indian Paint Brush out


 The only wild life I saw were a bunch of these flies.
And one leech swimming in a pool on the trail.


I decided that our latest acquisition, a pansy orchid needed a picture or two taken of it. They are supposed to hold their flowers for about four weeks and flower two to three times a year. we shall see.

Then we decided to vegetate in the sun and enjoy a good book. Not a bad way to spend some time!

5 comments:

  1. waving to elaine!!! :)

    that orchid is lovely. hope it'll do well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that sounds like a great way to spend some time...anywhere with a book is good for me! Beautiful orchids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely area to walk in (barring the bears!).

    That pansy orchid is stunning!

    Nice to you see Elaine enjoying the sunshine. How about a pic of you two together... (selfie? lol).

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The white flowers look like Queen Annes Lace,I took a picture of the ones I had in the yard on my blog.Those are some pretty flowers ya'll got up there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful I am happy you did not need the spray. That is a ferocious looking fly though:). Soak up the sun perfect. B

    ReplyDelete

I hope that you enjoy the visit, and please feel free to comment. I appreciate all comments unless they are derogatory, racist or in bad taste.