Life On and Off an Acreage

In-sights into moving from an Acreage back to Town, plus a few things I find of interest.

Two things that horses are scared about:


1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move




Old enough to be eccentric, but not rich enough

April 4, 2014

Build It and They Will Come!

I finally got enough get up and go to build a temporary bird feeder. It is set up just outside the patio doors. It's only been up a few days, but has attracted lots of wildlife.

 The blue heron looked regal.
 Wood ducks were present
 Even a Barrow's Golden Eye showed up!
The Canvasback seemed to like the view.

Seriously, this is just wish full thinking with some of the birds that I have carved over the years. We will have to wait and see what real stuff shows up. :-}


11 comments:

  1. you carved them? how very COOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are quite the carver...well done, my friend, but, about the birds really coming to the feeder?...it's like you say, build it and they will come...just like your faux fowl...lol
    You brightened my evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had me fooled for a minute there Ian!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some amazing carvings! I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you are a master carver - those are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not to worry, some real birds will show up eventually. I've never known them to turn down free food. Your carved birds are fantastic! You've got some serious talent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha Love it !
    Great carvings.
    Here you are my feeder or whatever blogger uses now had lost you ( think when I left google plus things went goofy) Hopefully I can get you locked back in to my feeder and see what birds DO show up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are amazing sculptures! Is there anything you can't do?

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Those are absolutely amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

I hope that you enjoy the visit, and please feel free to comment. I appreciate all comments unless they are derogatory, racist or in bad taste.