Life On and Off an Acreage

In-sights into moving from an Acreage back to Town, plus a few things I find of interest.

Two things that horses are scared about:


1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move




Old enough to be eccentric, but not rich enough

September 24, 2013

Fall Scenes

Apple? Did you say apple? I'm coming. I love apples!

 First I have to get by Boots!
 I am the fearless horse watcher! You want an apple? Give the password!
 Meanwhile, back at the pond, Brooklyn is learning those pesky ducks can now fly the length of the pond!
 The trees are turning fast! Another night with the low temp being -3C ( 26F). Pretty soon they will be bare sticks.
 Why can't I catch a duck? I am bigger, smarter and cuter!
 Meanwhile, back at the ranch acreage, Mr. Coyote was enjoying some sun.
 He and I are going to have words if he doesn't quit yipping under my window at night!

10 comments:

  1. Great photos of all the critters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you don't just shoot the coyotes. We have seen so few here, but we know they are out there, just beyond the circle of the yard light.
    Yours have bigger ears than ours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a friendly looking coyote though I'm not so sure I'd trust him too far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great coyote shots! always love to see boots and brooklyn and those beauties, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love hearing coyotes yelping although they are a little eerie. I'm trying to be back Ian!!!! Missed you!!!! Missed my blogger friends!!!! Beautiful pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this post! Ha! And your commentary...and Brooklyn always makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our coyotes always look a bit scraggly...yours look healthy and well fed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha - Boots and Brooklyn hard at work. Great shots of the coyote. I'm amazed by how nice it looks - almost like a pet. The only coyotes I've ever seen were very ragged looking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hehe, looks like you are in good company!!

    awesome shots of the coyote!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have a black mare our Jazzy rides. I love the photos of the dogs. We have two toy Australian Shepards that like to be in the middle of what is going on.

    ReplyDelete

I hope that you enjoy the visit, and please feel free to comment. I appreciate all comments unless they are derogatory, racist or in bad taste.