Life On and Off an Acreage

In-sights into moving from an Acreage back to Town, plus a few things I find of interest.

Two things that horses are scared about:


1. Things that move
2. Things that don't move




Old enough to be eccentric, but not rich enough

December 4, 2012

December Blues

It's -20C (-4F) and the water softener line is frozen. This takes about 2 hours outside to fix. There is about a 15 mph wind which lowers the temperature another 10 degrees.

The horse trough was empty again which meant another hour outside playing with water and hoses.

Did I mention that I am fighting the flu also?


Alpine
There are two things to cheer me up. Big brown eyes and the fact that there is only about 105 days till spring!

6 comments:

  1. and the canadian countdown begins! :)

    i hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. I'm sorry! Sounds like a crummy day for this to happen, especially with you feeling sick. Here's to a mild winter for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes, that's cold. Stay safe out there.
    Outstanding photo of Alpine, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cold weather sounds terrible, but the flu sounds worse. I do hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you and Alpine needs to get a blanket and a warm spot started!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brrr, you're cold way up there!! Bummers! Hope you are getting better quickly. Feeling lousy can make things seem worse. Love the horse, though.

    ReplyDelete

I hope that you enjoy the visit, and please feel free to comment. I appreciate all comments unless they are derogatory, racist or in bad taste.